Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sound escape

I am a sad, sad girl. I went to three different music stores with $20 in my pocket, ready to grab that CD when I see it but all I got were the store attendants saying, "NO STOCK".

Oh, Paramore where have you gone. Anyway, during the weekend I've been visiting a lot of music blogs and listening to sounds I've never heard. Some nice ones that will probably stay in my playlist for awhile are,

PARAMORE

























Quintet from Tennessee, formed in 2004. Led by frontwoman, 18-year-old Hayley Williams, lead guitar, 20-year-old Josh Farro, drums, 17-year-old Zac Farro, and bass guitar, 22-year-old Jeremy Davis. RIOT! is their sophomore album.



Paramore - Misery Business (live at FUSE)





ARCADE FIRE
























Formed by husband and wife duo, Win Butler and Regine Chassagne, in mid-2003. he current lineup solidified in late 2003. Arcade Fire are known for their use of large numbers of musical instruments. In addition to the guitar, drums and bass guitar, members play piano, violin, viola, cello, double bass, xylophone, keyboard, French horn, accordion, hurdy gurdy, harp and mandolin.


Arcade Fire - No Cars Go (live in Paris)


KT TUNSTALL






























Hmm DRASTIC FANTASTIC! I saw KT on Ellen the other day. She gave a pretty good performance. I heard rumours about her rags-to-(coming to)riches story. She used to live in the streets, and now she's pretty successful.


KT Tunstall - I Want You Back (Jackson 5 cover)


CIRCA SURVIVE




























Circa Survive is a rock band consisting of vocalist Anthony Green, Colin Frangicetto, Brendan Ekstrom, Nick Beard, and Steve Clifford. A couple of the band members were from a now-defunct This Day Forward. They released their first album, The Inuit Sessions, in 2005.



Circa Survive - Act Appalled (music video)

No comments: