Friday, April 25, 2008

Clown

According to Cambridge Dictionaries,

prioritysomething that is very important and must be dealt with before other things
and
balance - to give several things equal amounts of importance, time or money so that a situation is successful

In a matter of 24 hours, i made different groups of people upset due to priority. or my failure to prioritise. 

1. colleague

we had a party at a colleague's house last night. due to some circumstances, i left the party early. i did feel guilty. cos it was the last time we'll see some of the crew. but i wanted to go meet him as well. the next day, a friend said

"... eh yesterday some of them mad at you. asked how come you suddenly leave. some of them looking for you..."

2. mr f

i cancelled out on an outing with him at the very last minute today cos i felt bad about leaving the party early the previous night. so i decided to spend today with my colleagues. but i feel awful at the same time for canceling out on him so late.

3. mirzan

i thought i would reach home by 7pm so i called mirzan to tell him. he looked forward to me coming home by 7. but alas, i got back at 9pm. he was still happy to see me. and said, "i want to play hide and seek. you know how to play hide and seek?" "no i don't. later teach me okay." i went in to change, answered a few sms-es. he shouted outside my room "kakak, faster!" i was still sms-ing. i came back out, and found him soundly asleep in his bed :( 

my bibik looked at me and said, "he so poor thing. he went back and forth, back and forth waiting for you but you didn't come out." 

my heart sank. i feel like the lousiest sister :(:(

4. dad

this occurred many times before but i've always been lacklustre about it. everytime i keep my phone in my bag when i go out. so if anyone calls i don't know cos it's on vibration mode. when i open my phone, there's always tons of missed calls by my dad. today when i almost reached home i had 3 missed calls by him.

dad "where r u?"
nat "admiralty mrt"
dad "ok, bibik waiting for u at home since 7pm"
nat "i had some packing to do. i just said 7pm in case i went back early"
dad "i call u always didn't answer. next time if i m dieing i will have difficulty to let u know"

i remembered not being able to concentrate on a single thing the entire day today. if it wasn't one, it was the other. 

lessons:
- to keep promises
- to never be last minute about informing
- to always keep phone with me
- to be smarter at prioritising
- to spend more time with mirzan and family after internship
- to remember lessons learned

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving." - Albert Einstein

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh. Its amazing how we feel the same thing, but both in different contexts.


JM: "I studied Chemistry!"

Hello, I'm Jannah! said...

it's okay natz... =)

things will get better, these are mistakes worth accounting for and worth mending. not too late to make it up for it.

sorry wasn't there on the last day at work. the RP job is like another internship. bahhh

Unknown said...

i'll be honest.


TSK TSK.
you're a bad sister.

and wait, you've made me wait for you before and being late.
tsk tsk.
but its ok!

cos you're natz.
bye old friend