Monday, November 19, 2007

From Yesterday

























I've been a fan of 30 Seconds to Mars for close to three years even though they've been around for close to a decade. But they have helped me see the value in a lot of things I never would, and helped me escape to a different world when I really needed to. And for that I'm ready to devote to them.

When I just knew 30stm they still weren't very well-known yet, maybe in the US but not here. I bought their album online cos it wasn't available in Singapore yet (it costs more but it's probably better than the ones sold here anyway. it's a special edition version hoho).

Like any other idiots, I thought, oh another rock band. But I watched more and more of their performances and interviews, I realised there was more to just 4 guys playing music. And I'm not one who goes for bands because they're good-looking. That's like the pop 90s era. What's important now is the character behind the faces of the band, the themes that surround them, the fact that they make good, legitimate music, and good looks are just a bonus.

As much as I tried they (30stm) kept stalking me. In my dreams, my thoughts, my opinions. So I felt I needed to know more about them.

2006-2007 are probably the best years they've had so far. They are at their peak. It's great to see how far they've come.

No comments: