Saturday, August 9, 2008

Pre-Nat day gig

In our group of "backstage" people, there were only 4 of us. I was nervous at first cos I've never gone to like a 2-day work gig on my own before. I had to start somewhen anyway. But things went great. It started with a pretty mundane but turned out okay job of ensuring all the wrist lights, which will go in the goodie bag, work. Macham factory workers, some unpacked, some checked, some repacked.

What we were doing isn't the main Nat day that would be happening at the floating platform. Ours was one of those "heartlands" Nat day events where random Nat day shows were ran in different parts of SG. So ours was at the "sinking Padang" courtesy of Young Ntuc. We managed to catch the rehearsals which I have to say was pweety good. Since it was under young ntuc, the dancers were young like teenagers and mostly malays. And two girls caught my eye. Their dancing wasn't like super spectacular but I just liked the way they moved and everytime they started moving to the beat I had to watch.

It just felt like a nice moment to share with a friend. We're out in the open, with sooo much space around you, it's starting to darken but stage lights illuminate the place a little here and there, the sky looks superb, the buildings glow, and a soft breeze accompanies. I didn't care if it was for Nat day or not. It justfelt nice.

Uniform for the day [9/8/08] is a lime green tee! if only it was glow in the dark that would be fun. 

No comments: