Sunday, August 31, 2008

Truth in waiting


























Sometimes I'm afraid I might one day forget what she sounded like, how she smiled, how she laughed, how she spoke, how she scolded us when she got back frm work, how she used to blow her nose like a trumpet every morn, the places she brought us to during spare time, the words she said... 

People say I look like her but I don't see that at all. She was fair with a radiant glow which went well with her good-nature, that attracted me to her.

"No man or woman can be too powerful or too beautiful without disaster befalling." [King Phillip to young Alexander, Alexander the movie]

or "Nothing is (or can be) perfect."

or maybe even "Good things never last."

Life needs the ups and downs. Seems that's how it maintains its balance. 

8 years gone, and she seems like another passing dream. Like I never met her, but the evidence is clear before my eyes when I look back at photographs. Everytime I have a memory of her, I plan to write it down.

"... our memories depend on a faulty camera in our minds" [DCFC What Sarah Said]

What Sarah said. 
Love is watching someone die.


Death Cab For Cutie - What Sarah Said

2 comments:

Unknown said...

dont you wish our brains were smooth running video recorders?


smile there natz!

and yes, do jot down every single recollection you have of her. please do. you're super strong, natz!

NAT said...

yea i do wish tt. thanks adam :)