Saturday, October 4, 2008

Scientist studies


















Today I want to write about Mirzan, again, cos he's such a little Ronald McDonald. I enjoy writing about him. 

People always say, you never know what goes through the mind of another. 

I saw Mirzan grow up from when he was a tiny almost premature-like baby to a full-grown 5-year-old. You'd think you know all about someone if you've watched him from the day he was born. I thought I did, but turn out, I may be wrong. 

Lately he gets mad easily. Like when he's enjoying playing PSP and a baby crawls over and innocently lays a finger on his precious device, he raises his arms high as if gonna hit the kid, and screams in a high-pitch tone "I said DON'T DISTURBBBB!!!!!" Then his face crumples up, with pursed lips, he goes "Ngrrrrrrr!!!"

While walking back with him one day, after he's had one of his baby angst moments, he explained to me. 

"sometimes.. sometimes, my think (pointing to his head) make me like bad guy. then i like want to hit the orang.."

- my think = the way I think
- orang = person


I was surprised at first. I mean, he's able to understand something I probably didn't understand at his age. I said to him 
"You're actually a good boy, baby." 


he said
"sometimes.. sometimes i good boy.. sometimes i naughty. sometimes my think make me like bad guy.. then i angry, then my hands like this" 
he shows me his clenched fist.


He understands the effect his um, brain has on him? He knows the source of his emotion and what it does to him, but he doesn't know how to help it. And it's beautiful sometimes when you hear it from the mouth of a child, the major discoveries he makes on his own. Now, we have to do something about that baby angst.

2 comments:

Hello, I'm Jannah! said...

awww... it was so good to hear mijon's voice again after such a long time... :)

NAT said...

teeheehee