Thursday, July 3, 2008

Treasuring the finds

Today was PHASE 3 of 'Operation Clean This Nasty Room'. Which will be the final phase, I believe. Originally, it was like this mixed-up complexedly-composed song. Then, it was stripped to its bare minimum of just voice and acoustic. And thats what I've done. Stripped my room silly.

I have to say it's been fun. Cleaning and organizing can be a real sucker when you suddenly realise you have tons of shit in the room. But the fun part is trying to come up with categories, re-organizing and abit of redesigning where the things have to go. The bonus is, almost every item brings back a certain memory, which slows down the process. But hey! All in the name of fun and reminisce.

I have organized the junkyard into:

1. (Sec) School-related

Things like textbooks, notebooks, excercise books, assessment books. I want to keep them just in case I get bored one day. And I have a hunch that I may feel like re-educating myself sometime in the future. Or perhaps look back at my books and go, awww I hated this chapter. You know, it's like precious memories I want to keep. 

So throwing of textbooks is no go. They're here for keeps. And they'll probably go into my future fantasy library.

2. Magazine/Comic 

For memories sake too I guess. Magazines from as far back as 1997 [the pop era manz!] like Lime (when it was superb),  Teens, Teenage, Bop, 8 Days, Tiger Beat, Smash Hits, It's Hot!, Top of The Pops, etc. It would always remind me of my high school days where splurging on a magazine once/twice a week was a necessity. It was irresistible. Every week, there was someone interesting on the covers. Now, not so much. 

3. Photo albums

Very important.

4. Spare

Mainly consisting of past incompletely utilised exercise books, papers, files, etc. for future use.

5. Gadgets

A drawer full of chargers, product packages, warranty cards, receipts, external hard disks, etc.

6. Important things/Religious books

This one's a pretty big drawer so there's room for one more category of things. Things like diploma certs, O level certs, death certs, religious books, all go in here. 

7. Precious things

Given by precious people, belongs in this drawer.

8. Books

Yay for fiction, non-fiction, thriller, suspense, and fantasy!

9. CDs/DVDs

Gelora! I love staring at entertainment. and knowing a lot of stories await me, exciting. 

10. Misc.

Old toys, accessories, board games, watches, pouches, insert here.


The room breathes new life again.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, and there goes taufik shrine...only to be remembered of in "carousel love"

NAT said...

yah man haha! that was an interesting phase. but it's gone now...

Hello, I'm Jannah! said...

oh wow! natz cleaning up her room! haha! i cleaned up my kitchen too... :) and bought a nice brand new kitchbin!

Anonymous said...

Lol that rhymes with 'hasbeen' or 'bitchbin' LOLOLOL

NAT said...

yay for change!